August 18, 2013

Mourinho Promises Chelsea Exit

Jose Mourinho has declared that Roman Abramovich, will not have to pay another huge compensation bill if he fails to win silverware.

The Chelsea owner paid Mourinho and his backroom staff £18million, when he sacked them in 2007. But the former Real Madrid manager has promised to leave on his own accord this time around, if it does not work out.

"Of course, it is about winning trophies.My DNA didn't change, my nature didn't change. I am not the kind of person to be at the same club for three or four years without winning a trophy," he said ahead of the Blues' game against Hull.

"In this case, I don't need the club to say 'we are not happy with you, goodbye'. I will be the first one to say 'I gave everything I could but I didn't succeed, so let's both go and try a different thing'.

No comments:

Post a Comment