September 04, 2012

Waje Releases Two Singles

Soul sensation, Waje has released two new songs,
‘Oko Mi’ and ‘I wish’ off her upcoming album, the
self titled WAJE [Words Aren’t Just Enough].
The songs which were officially released as a
birthday gift to herself, spent the whole of Sunday
as one of the trending topics on social networks,
Twitter and Facebook.
The songs Written by Waje and Del B were
produced by Del B and Papy J respectively.
“Oko Mi is the song every girl, every woman wants
to sing to the man she is in love with,” Waje
explains.
For ‘I wish’, the singer digs deep into her darker
side with deeply emotional lyrics fused with a slow
tempo ragga beat.
With unforgettable lines like “I wish I didn’t have a
heart, na only stone fit dey inside,” the song hits all
the sad notes! “For every heart that has been
broken,
‘I wish’ is a song that says I’ve been there, I will
survive, “Waje explains simply.
Waje who was nominated as 'best female vocal
performer' for the Headies, celebrated her birthday
with friends in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment