September 26, 2012

Woman Cuts Off Rapist's Penis

A Dalit woman in a village of
Saptari district has revealed that she cut the penis
of a neighbor who allegedly tried to rape her.
Anju Devi Kamait, 24, a resident of Gangapur in
Madhawapur VDC-9, informed the Area Police
Office Kanchanpur on Monday that she cut the
penis of 20-year-old Brahmananda Bhuskuliya
Yadav as he sneaked into her house in the night and
tried to rape her.
"I was sleeping with the door open as I was feeling
very hot after washing my baby in the night,"
Kamait told the police. "At around one in the night,
he (Yadav) crept into my room and tried to rape me
by closing my mouth. In an act of self-defense, I
picked up a knife and cut his penis."
Yadav, who lives in Kamait´s neighborhood, has
been absconding after the incident. According to
Police Inspector Rajendra Basnet, Yadav had
reached the BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences
in Dharan for treatment. "We have learnt from the
hospital that he had two stitches on his penis," said
Basnet. "But, he has been absconding after that."
Kamait, accompanied by her father-in-law and some
villagers, had gone to the police office to file a rape
case against Yadav. A mother of three, Kamait has
been living with her children and father-in-law since
her husband went to Chandigarh in India to work a
one month ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment